On the occasion of European Heritage Days, the Maison de l'Environnement at the airport invites you to discover Paris - Roissy CDG on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September. With two departures per day and many activities, the program will be rich!
A true symbol of the internationalization of our territory, it is the first multimodal crossroads in continental Europe. Likewise, it is the leading European airport in terms of airport capacity and second in terms of passenger traffic. Located 25 kilometers north of Paris, it covers 3 hectares, or more than half of the territory of Roissy.
Thus, during these two days, you will take advantage of two departures to discover this technological giant. The first will be at 9:30 a.m. and the second at 14 p.m. The visit will be made by pilots and aviation professionals who share their experience and passion.
A new route to discover Roissy-CDG airport differently
What can you expect on this visit? First of all, you will have a presentation of the Aéroports de Paris group. Likewise, our speakers will provide you with an explanation of the role played by the platform. These two aspects will be discussed in an auditorium in the Maison de l'Environnement. After that, we invite you all to get on the bus. The itinerary will offer an overview of the various facilities and the trades practiced there. First, the visit will take you to the maintenance area. Then, you will go to the freight zone (over 2 billion tonnes of freight per year), then to the terminals (over 60 million passengers). In addition, you will have the opportunity to discover the Roissypôle business area.
Finally, you will discover the technical areas and finally the control towers. Thus, you will have the chance to witness a takeoff or a landing since they are done every 30 seconds. Note that the airport has 1500 landings and take-offs per day! To learn more about ADP's Environment Houses, click here. At the end of the visit, you can access their terrace with a breathtaking view of the slopes. The opportunity to take pictures and souvenir photos with the Concorde.
Many activities at the Maison de l'Environnement this weekend
Throughout the weekend, various activities are offered in the spaces of the Maison de l'Environnement:
- Flight simulators (registration on site) are offered by the DécouvAIRte association. Thus, you can be initiated to piloting thanks to different simulators (cockpit, dashboard, control tower and virtual reality). An opportunity for young and old to immerse themselves in the world of piloting. Likewise, information on the aeronautical professions is also offered.
- Escape Game: “A trip to Olympus”, a digital treasure hunt against a background of Sustainable Development. We invite you to take your cell phone.
- Exhibition: Women in aviation. Meet these women who have marked the history of aviation. Will you be able to answer the quiz after this visit?
- Dates : Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September
- Départs : visit from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., then from 14 p.m. to 16 p.m.
- Booking : COMPULSORY at the Maison de l'Environnement - 01 48 64 63 82 - email@example.com
- Departure address : House of the Environment and Sustainable Development of Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, Rue Louis Couhé - 93290 Tremblay-en-France
- Price : Free, on registration
- Limited places (group of 50 people maximum)
- Date : Friday September 17, 2021
- Schedules : from 20:30 p.m. to 22 p.m.
- COVID-19 Information : Compulsory health pass