Atypical village of 2 inhabitants (883 census), Roissy-en-France didn't wait for the airport to write his story.
The agricultural part with Gallo-Roman origins resisted the expansion of Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport. A corner of humanity where every testimony of the past is meticulously protected and restored. The Tourist Office lies between these two zones: the center of the village, a preserved area with the Park of the 5 continents, and the remains of the old castle which coexist with the many hotels.
A little bit of history
A destiny linked to that of the airport
At the end of the 1950s, the managers of Aéroports de Paris predicted a considerable expansion in air traffic and the rapid saturation of the platforms at Le Bourget and Orly. The construction of a new airport was necessary.
In 1964 :, the government decided to build this new airport.
Le March 8 1974, after years of work, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport is commissioned and becomes the largest airport in Europe by surface area. That year, no one imagined that people from all over the world would pronounce the name of this village.
Despite this great upheaval, the village of Roissy-en-France remains a typical Ile-de-France village of 2 inhabitants, yet it receives 883 million passengers each year.
In 1976, a year and a half after the inauguration of Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport, the first hotel opened its doors at No. 1 Allée du Verger. A new economic era was dawning. New possibilities opened up but with many difficulties to circumvent.
Rehabilitation and development of the village
In 1977 :, this observation pushed the new municipality led by André Toulouse (mayor of Roissy-en-France) to take several measures:
- Obtain a POS (Land Occupancy Plan), a real estate program of one hundred housing units in the city center, allowing the creation of an urban fabric more coherent in the village. Unsanitary housing is gradually being eliminated to provide decent housing for former farm workers. These constructions implied a complete review of the village's drinking water supply as well as its sanitation. A new drilling was therefore carried out in 1978.
- In 1980, the Tournelles sports complex is created and then developed.
- The OPAH (Programmed Operations for the Improvement of the Habitat) subsidizes theto rehabilitate the old building. Thus, we encourage the owners to renovate the village while retaining its character.
- En October 1996, we inaugurate the cultural center of the Orangery.
- In 2003, the Municipality set up, to publicize the dynamism of the sector, the Grand Roissy Tourist Office.
- Since 2013, the Grand Roissy Tourist Office is holder of the Quality Tourism brandTM. This is the only state mark awarded to tourism professionals. Indeed, it rewards them for the quality of their welcome and their services.
- Since 2016, the classification of the Tourist Office in category I has contributed to the classification of Roissy-en-France en Tourist station. In 2018, due to the merger-absorption, the category 1 classification of the Office (formerly Roissy Clé de France) and ownership of the Qualité Tourisme brand have been extended to new Ecouen ILO et Luzarches.
Discover here the tourist map of the village of Roissy-en-France