Link between two historic countries
Nestled on the left bank of the Oise, the territory of Regional Natural Park is attached to the Country of France and the Country Valois, places of residence of the Merovingians then lands of elections of the Capetians.
This royal presence strongly marked him and left many prestigious testimonies:
- abbeys (Royaumont, Chaâlis…),
- castles (Chantilly, Raray ...),
- royal city of Senlis and its cathedral, etc.
The Park, north of Paris, is a real green lung thanks to its three majestic forests (Ermenonville, Halatte and Chantilly forest) and its numerous ponds and valleys. It is full of essential natural environments and among them:
- the Ermenonville sandy moors,
- the swamp of Theve
- the lawns of the limestone slopes of the Oise
- that many typical villages the old buildings also give a real character to this territory. So many places to daydream and stroll.
The challenge for the Park is to preserve the rurality and heritage of the territory. The Park, a real tool for interregional regional planning, has set itself the objective of controlling the development of its territory and responding to the following challenges:
- Preserve and sustainably manage the territory's natural and cultural heritage
- Promote balanced economic development
- Welcome and raise public awareness of the environment and heritage
Thus, the Oise-Pays de France Regional Natural Park is the realization of a strong common will so that this region is a recognized territory, preserved and developed sustainably.
More information :
Park House :
Housed in the Château de la Borne Blanche, a large building from the XNUMXth century, it is the administrative headquarters and the workplace of the team. Accessible via the RER: Borne Blanche stop.
It is in the heart of a five hectare wooded park in the southwest of the town of Orry-la-Ville, and on the edge of the Chantilly forest, it is an ideal starting point for hikes.
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 13:30 p.m. - 18 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 13:30 p.m. - 17 p.m.
The tourist information office of Luzarches answers your questions about the different hiking activities and routes.